Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Your Choice!!


It is amazing how things reveal themselves to you when you are open and receptive to receiving the messages. I was ordering lunch at a local Metro Cafe yesterday after returning from the gym and the man behind the salad counter said to me "Sir, you are really giving off a positive energy today".

The fascinating thing to me about this comment was that I did not particularly "feel positive" at that moment. We all have pressures in our lives, stresses, worries, concerns, etc. This is the alleged inevitability of life - the various trials and tribulations we all face daily.

Often we let those thoughts COMPOUND and eventually take over our emotions, our moods, our outlooks, and our ENERGY! People see it, notice it - and it is palpable!

What this gentleman at the salad bar enlightened me to was a concept that is as tried and true as the hills -- YOU - WE ALL - have the POWER and the CHOICE to FEEL however we choose!

Sounds like a cliche - I know - but it is the absolute TRUTH!

No matter how bad we feel - how much fear or disappointment or sadness or negativity we have inside us at any given moment - WE CAN CHOOSE to feel otherwise!

Now - I know that simply changing your mind does not instantly make you feel better about whatever is ailing you emotionally -- but the PATTERN and DISCIPLINE of doing this - practicing it whenever we identify a mood-changing, negative thought-compounding will lead to a quicker and more effective change of feelings!

It works - Trust Me! It is not easy but it is not hard either!

Try it TODAY --- monitor your thoughts and emotions today! As soon as you feel angry, bitter, sad, scared, worried, etc -- PUSH that thought out of your mind and replace it with the following FOCUS POINT:

" Better things are in store for me. Fear is not real. I must focus on what I WANT as it will surely come to me."

Say it over and over until your initial thoughts of negativity subside!

Sounds silly - I know --- but what do you have to lose trying it??

It is YOUR CHOICE~ what is it going to be? FEAR or Joy?

Have a Great Day and STAY STRONG!!

No comments: