Friday, April 15, 2016

Second Chances

THE GOD OF THE SECOND CHANCE

"Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."
PHILIPPIANS 3: 13 –14

I once heard a speaker ask what we thought God expected of us.

Mentally I answered, "Righteousness, holiness, love for God and my neighbor."

He repeated his question, so I continued my list, "Bible reading, prayer, obedience, service."

But then he stated, to my stunned amazement:

"All God ever expects of you is failure."

I had to resist the temptation to raise my hand, wave it wildly, and exclaim, "I can do that! I can live up to God's expectations! I know I can fail!"

But before I could blurt it out, the speaker said, "But He has given you the Holy Spirit so that you need never fail."

Do your past failures or setbacks discourage you in the present and paralyze you for the future?

Then join me in praising the God who expects us in our flesh to fail, but who is also the God of the second chance!"

Stay Strong!

No comments: