Saturday, April 9, 2016

Anticipate Blessings

REJOICE IN THIS DAY OF LIFE, BEING WILLING TO FOLLOW ME WHOLEHEARTEDLY— WHEREVER I LEAD.

Anticipate blessings as we journey together.

Since I have created this day of life and presented it to you free of charge, I want you to receive it gratefully.

Your natural tendency when you awaken is to assess the day before you, trying to discern how good (or bad) it will be.

You do this almost unconsciously, often basing your conclusions on something as trivial as the weather.

I urge you to break free from this habit so you can be more receptive to Me and My blessings.

Something that can help immensely in this endeavor is a thankful attitude.

If you awaken to find a dark, rainy day, thank Me for the rain.

Having done so, you will be much less likely to grumble about the weather.

Also, remember that I have arranged the conditions of your day.

So you can assume there is much good to be found in it.

Rejoicing will help you find many blessings in this day.

If your circumstances are looking rather bleak, then be joyful in Me—your faithful Companion.

Knowing how much I gave to rescue you from sin, you can trust Me and look for precious gifts I've placed along the path we are following.

In faith, be on the lookout for good things both great and small.

Also, because I am your Teacher, I promise to provide learning opportunities as we travel together.

When you reach the end of this day, stop and look back at the distance we have covered.

Take time to ponder what you have learned and to savor the gifts you have found.

Let your mind dwell on these things as you lie down to sleep, rejoicing in Me and My blessings.

From " Jesus Lives " by Sarah Young

Stay Strong!

"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."
PSALM 118:24

"You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and rightly so, for that is what I am."
JOHN 13:13

Photo Credit JD...thank you! :)

"I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me."
PSALM 3:5

No comments: