Wednesday, April 22, 2015

For when I am weak, then I am STRONG

"I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me.

Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.

For when I am weak, then I am strong."
-  2 Corinthians 12: 7– 10

How many times in our lives have we felt weak, hopeless, lost and adrift at sea?

How often have we been at the helm of the ship and the crashing waves will not relent and the darkness will not seem to dissipate?

How many times have we been thrown into a storm that seems to never end and the thunder and lightning only seem to get louder as we move forward?

Well, this is life.

These storms are inevitable and every day will not be calm and sunny.

We were never promised smooth sailing or perpetually sunny days in our short time on this earth.

No one escapes the trials and challenges of life in this physical world of ours.

However!!!   No matter the storm you find yourself in today, not matter how long the darkness has been hanging over you, regardless of the damage your vessel has sustained in the storm or how vulnerable and weak you feel in your battles - know this and this alone - the storm will NOT last forever!

Although it seems impossible to you in the midst of your challenges that the sun will break through the storm clouds, they surely will and the seas will calm and all will be safe and well again!

Remember that even in the darkest nights you are never alone!! 

You are never abandoned and you will survive this strife and hardship - stronger  and wiser as a result.

Ask for help. Ask for strength. Ask for guidance.

The promise is that if you ask with a faithful heart, it will be granted to you!

Do not quit.

Do not give up.

Do not despair!!

Help is at your fingertips and all you need to do is ask for it! 

This too shall pass!

Stay Strong!

No comments: