Wednesday, October 16, 2013

[Stay Strong] Count those Blessings!! Daily Inspiration

"Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you."
> ~ Lao Tzu
>
> Boy, if only this were easy to accomplish would all of us be joyous, happy, giddy and walking around with smiles from ear to ear!
>
> Well, it may not be easy per se, but as my Dad often quoted to me, "Nothing easy is worth accomplishing anyway".
>
> When we step back and take inventory of our lives, our current state and what we have going for us RIGHT NOW, it is truly amazing just how blessed we all are!!

Yet we all tend to skip this inventory in favor of harping on what we DON'T have!!
>
> The problem we face in our society is that we tend to focus on what we LACK as opposed to all we HAVE in our lives today..even as we speak!!! 
>
> We chase the almighty dollar and measure our success by the size of our bank accounts, cars, houses, careers, status symbols, etc.

None of us is immune to this status creep in our society - hard as we try not to be!
>
> What a sad and futile effort and game we are in if these are the rules!!!
>
> We should all be ashamed of ourselves for allowing ourselves to get caught up in this WINLESS game!!
>
> It is impossible to win that game because there will always be someone with more this and more that than us, no matter how much we have in material possessions or how high we climb in pointless stature.
>
> Right now..this very second, in our lives riddled with fear, disappointments and worry, we have so many blessings and gifts that none of us should EVER allow a smile to leave our faces !!!
>
> Yet we consciously CHOOSE to focus and measure ourselves and everybody else on the lack of things we perceive we OUGHT to possess!!
>
> Take time right now,( and do not stop either), to assess and count your blessings as they say!!!! 

Truly count them and you will come to realize just how great and amazing our lives are right this moment!
>
> Even at the height of my challenges and everyday worries, I am jolted back to reality and to my blessings when I kiss my son and daughter goodbye in the morning, or tuck them in at night!!  When I come home and see my wife, speak with my family and friends, witness a sunrise or sunset, give thanks for all of our health, have my dog be so excited to see me come home, etc.

These are all I will ever need and with that as a building block, how can anything bring me down?

You are no different!!
>
> We all have blessings we overlook and discount on an hourly basis and we need to step up and re-assess them right now!
>
> Focus on forgetting the "lack", all that matters is what we have today and where we are headed!! 
>
> We are all wealthy beyond our means in that singularly most important category - and that my friends is the only TRUE WEALTH that really matters!
>
>Stay Strong and God Bless !!
>

No comments: