Monday, August 11, 2008

Your Fortune Told...


I am always bemused by the actual content of the the "fortunes" found in Fortune Cookies.



I mean wouldn't it be great to watch a documentary on how these fortunes are created? Who is actually writing them? Are they linked to the "Horoscope" people at all? Come on - I NEED to know!! I think I might write to Discovery Channel and ask them to get on this!!!



Who is with me??? Ok - just me!!



Well my kids wanted Chinese food last night (while watching Oympics from Beijing - coincidence??) and we complied with their request.



After the last eggroll and Sweet and Sour chicken was consumed, our attention turned to the all-knowing and prophetic Fortune Cookies!!



Well - I have to tell you that normally I do not pay attention to the cookie philosophy - but last night's cookie was a vastly different cookie!



The message I found in my cookie was as follows:



"Everything has Beauty but not everyone sees it"



I pondered this message for a bit and it absolutely rang true to me regarding our perceptions of ourselves and our perceived value!!



Just because you do not see YOUR "beauty" or perhaps you have difficulty identifying the "beauty" and "value" in your life - does not mean the beauty is not there!!



Trust me - EVERY one of us has a purpose on the brief journey on earth - EVERY one of us has a value and value to add - to make other's lives more palatable, enjoyable, worth-while!!!



Every one of us has a "Beauty" and despite our inability at times to recognize it or to see it - IT IS THERE!!



Celebrate it - share it - SEE it!!! Like EVERYTHING that matters, it takes FAITH to get there!!!



Life for everyone is BETTER because you are here!!!



It may take some searching to see it - but never doubt the existence of your purpose and BEAUTY!!!



Stay Strong!!!



Go USA!!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: