Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Our Shelter

"In the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock."
(Psalm 27:5, NIV)

Hiding in the Right Place

Have you ever watched children play hide and seek? 

They look for the best place to hide in the house or yard and wait quietly for their friend to try to find them. 

It's a fun game for kids, but even as adults, we need a good place to hide from time to time. 

Sometimes we need a place of refuge, we need a place of safety, and we need a place to rest when we feel overwhelmed by the circumstances of life—a place where the enemy of our soul can never find us.

The good news is that God has the perfect hiding place for you! 

You don't have to hide in your job. 

You don't have to hide in relationships.

You don't have to hide in food or addictions because God Himself promises to hide you! 

He freely offers you shelter from the storms of life any time you call upon His name.

Remember, there's only one place the enemy cannot find you. 

There's only one place where opposition cannot steal from you. 

There's only one true place of safety and rest for your soul, and that is in the arms of Jesus. 

Know that He loves you, and He is ready to receive you when you call upon His name!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I come humbly before You giving You all that I am. Thank You for hiding me in Your shelter and keeping me safe from the storms of life. My soul finds rest in You as I seek You and praise Your holy name in Jesus' name. 
Amen."

From Today's Word 

Stay Strong!!

No comments: