Sunday, May 15, 2016

Please Read..if only this one...

Happy Pentecost Sunday!

As we celebrate the birth of our Church today and reflect in the fulfillment of Christ's Promise to send "a helper" to the Apostles and all of us in his physical absence, I was moved by this reflection below from an extraordinary, and without question, truly inspirational woman.

Please take a moment to read the passage and I am certain you will gain some Strength, some Courage and some inner Power to carry on during any trials or strife you may be currently undergoing.  :)

She reminds us what exactly this gift and promise we are blessed to have been given should mean to all of us.

Stay Strong!

"After my little one died, I begged His direction.

Head bowed low, I waited on him to do what, in my own strength, I could not.

In this sense, I feel His Apostles' longing for specific direction when they discovered that what they had thought would be was actually not.

I wonder if it was because of their hearts urge to flee to the comfort of what they knew and the life that they had left that "he enjoined them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father about which you have heard me speak." (ACTS 1:4)

They are instructed to wait.

In their waiting, Scripture is fulfilled and the truth of His provision revealed.

A helper, The Same Spirit that descended like a dove before his beloved's baptism, is sent.

It is only then, when filled with his grace, that the disciples speak in tongues, heal the sick, raise the dead, and establish the Church.

He sends the Spirit, not because of our ability, but because of our LACK of it.

It is because of the Spirit we can Proclaim, "I have the strength for everything through him who empowers me." (Phil 4:13)

The father gives His gift freely to accepting hearts and makes possible what is seemingly impossible.

It is His grace revealed through a quiet whisper that reminds me to stand in confidence when the urge is to flee.

It is God's grace that fills me with the Strength to lift my face to the Sun, Courage to defy the enemy, and Hope in the miracle that awaits.

- Jennifer Hubbard resides in Newtown, CT. The younger of her two children, Catherine Violet, was a victim of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.

No comments: