Wednesday, May 25, 2016

For I Am Your Refuge

COME TO ME.

Come to Me.

Come to Me.

This is My continual invitation to you, proclaimed in holy whispers.

Unfortunately, you're often distracted by the noise of your worries and the clamor of the world.

I want to help you remember My inviting Presence even when you're too flustered to hear My Love-whispers.

My children so often need help in remembering.

They consistently forget Me and the great works I have done on their behalf.

For instance, I made a dry path through the Red Sea for the Israelites, saving them from the pursuing Egyptians.

Yet many of those former slaves remembered the tasty food they had eaten in Egypt better than they recalled My miraculous deeds to set them free.

Do not let trivial matters distract you from Me.

Remember that My sacrificial death and miraculous resurrection shed Light on each moment of your life.

I want you to live vibrantly in this Light, increasingly aware of My nearness.

To help in your endeavor to remember, think of Me as the Lover of your soul: the One who delights in you now and forevermore.

View yourself first and foremost as My beloved, since that is your ultimate identity.

Fill your mind with biblical truth about My perfect Love for you.

Come to Me at all times, My loved one.

Pour out your heart to Me, for I am your Refuge.

From " Jesus Lives " by Sarah Young

Stay Strong!

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. MATTHEW 11:28

Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and all that night the Lord drove the sea back with a strong east wind and turned it into dry land. The waters were divided, and the Israelites went through the sea on dry ground, with a wall of water on their right and on their left. EXODUS 14:21–22

Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.
PSALM 62:8

No comments: