Monday, May 16, 2016

Help in Times of Weakness, Need, and "Unbelief"

Today's Gospel reading tells of a man who asks some of the Apostles to cleanse his son of a demon.

The Apostles were unable to accomplish this so the man asked Jesus to do this for him - "if you can".

Jesus responds "If you can'? Everything is possible to one who has faith."

The man's reply is something we find ourselves saying often- albeit if only to ourselves"

"I do believe - help my UNBELIEF"

The Holy Spirit was sent to us for just this "help" and we ought to take advantage of the offer every minute if each day.

Stay Strong!

AS THE HOLY SPIRIT CONTROLS YOUR MIND AND ACTIONS MORE FULLY, YOU BECOME FREE IN ME.

You are increasingly released to become the one I created you to be.

Freedom through surrender sounds like a contradiction, doesn't it?

Yet when My Spirit is controlling your thinking and behavior, you feel more alive, more real, more content!

I encourage you to pray,

"Holy Spirit, think through me,
live through me,
love through me."

This is a prayer of surrender.

Nonetheless, even though you may pray this way, your desire to be in control can sabotage you.

In My kingdom freedom comes from yielding to My perfect will.

Because I am infinite and you are not, My will may appear to be anything but perfect.

Still, I want you to trust Me, even when you cannot understand what I'm doing.

The Holy Spirit will help you in this as you invite Him to control your thinking.

He lives in the depths of your spirit and knows you better than you know yourself.

His work in you can liberate you to become more completely the one I designed you to be.

I am pleased when you ask My Spirit to live and love through you.

This is the collaborative way of living I had in mind when I created mankind.

The more you collaborate with Him, the freer you become: free to live exuberantly, to love extravagantly, to know Me in ever-increasing intimacy!

From " Jesus Lives " by Sarah Young

Stay Strong!

"The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace."
ROMANS 8:6

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."
ROMANS 12:2

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will." ROMANS 8:26–27

No comments: