Friday, December 13, 2013

Thoughts and Happy Friday!

"Self-discipline begins with the mastery of your thoughts.

If you don't control what you think, you can't control what you do.

Simply, self-discipline enables you to think first and act afterward."

- Napoleon Hill

Pleaae try to soldier through this post if possible... :)

How did your day start today?

For some of us it began by  jumping out of bed and running off to tackle all of our massive "to do" list - with enthusiasm and sense of purpose.

For others of us it began by hitting the snooze button 11 times and rolling back over and under the covers, dreading what the day had in store for us!

We all have each of these days when we awaken and sometimes it is a smattering of both!

It is natural to sometimes awaken and feel apprehensive about the day ahead - but if that is EVERY DAY we really need to make a change!

Just as athletes do before a big game, it might be worth it to us to take that same approach as we lay in bed each morning and prepare to go out into the fray!

How we prepare mentally each morning is CRITICAL to how our day will be and how we will perform in certain challenging situations during the course of the day's interactions.

Just as every athlete has a different pre-game routine they go through, so should we identify what exactly works for us and make it part of our daily discipline.

Could you imagine Lebron James of the Miami Heat sitting in his locker before a game saying to himself "Man are we going to get crushed tonight.  I probably won't score a single point against these guys. Boy are we in trouble! "

No - it would never happen! That is self-sabotage we would all agree!

How do you think he would play that night if he made that speech part of his belief system??

So then why do we allow ourselves to lay in bed and do exactly that every morning?   Self-sabotage!!!

What we allow ourselves to THINK WILL translate into our daily performance and WILL dictate the type of day we will experience!

As I said everyone has different ways to prepare themselves for battle.

Find yours today!

For me -to be honest -  I begin each day wanting to roll over and stay home with my family - every single day!! :)

But since I have not figured out a way to make that a reality yet I prepare myself for battle each morning this way:

1. I give THANKS to God for all our blessings - beginning with this brand new day of opportunity.  I even list them out a bit and specifically point out my gratitude for these amazing blessings.

2. I ask for continued blessings,  for more opportunities and the strength to improve myself and those in need, and for the health, prosperity, peace and protection of my family friends and loved ones.

3. I ask for certain wishes of healing, peace, strength,  guidance,  and health for certain loved ones in need of these things.

4. I give thanks one more time for the opportunity to rise and try to make a difference in this life.

I then will pull out my "Lebron" psyche up routine - it is a wonderful piece that my brother in law Tim recited to me by heart almost 9 years ago and it still gets me in the proper mindset daily -  and it constantly reminds me what my day should entail.

I have shared it here before but I cannot stress what it does to me each morning in order to strap on my armor and dive into the unknown that is our daily lives!!

Enjoy it - use it if it moves you the way it moves me - and Stay Strong!!!

"Whenever you go out of doors, draw the chin in, carry the crown of the head high, and fill the lungs to the utmost;  drink in the sunshine;

Greet your friends with a smile, and put soul into every handclasp.

Do not fear being misunderstood & DO NOT waste a minute thinking about your enemies.

Try to fix firmly in your mind what you would like to do; and then without veering off direction, you will move straight to the goal.

Keep your mind on the great and splendid things you would like to do, and then, as the days go gliding by, you will find yourself unconsciously seizing upon the opportunities that are required for the fulfilment of your desire, just as the coral insect takes from the running tide the element it needs.

Picture in your mind the able, earnest, useful person you desire to be, and the thought you hold is hourly transforming you into the particular individual…

Thought is supreme!!!!

Preserve a right mental attitude — the attitude of courage, frankness, and good cheer.

To Think RIGHT is to create.

All things come through desire and EVERY sincere prayer is answered.

We become like that on which our hearts are fixed.

Whenever you go out of doors, draw the chin in, carry the crown of the head high.

We are gods in the chrysalis."

— Elbert Hubbard

No comments: