Thursday, August 16, 2012

All you need is one to start....

"Count your blessings.

Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage, and confidence."

    - Og Mandino

One of my greatest concerns in life is that I will fail to count my blessings every day.

I struggle almost daily trying to appreciate the gifts that God has given me and to give thanks for each of them.

I know all too well that "there but for the grace of God go we" is a truth that we all oftentimes fail to realize and each morning before I get out of bed I make an effort to reflect on all the good in our lives and to give thanks for it!

The beauty of this is that all we need to do is identify one of these blessings to start!

We are so trained to pursue material goods, to compare ourselves to the rich and famous, and chase things that we feel will bring us that elusive happiness and peace and joy.

These things will not deliver what we seek!

Not at all!

If we can step back and start with the  mere fact that we can get out of bed in the morning, using that as our first blessing and building from there, we can start to put things in perspective and truly understand ALL the many blessings we take for granted!!

Today, list out ten blessings that you can celebrate and give thanks for and you may be shocked at how far off our measurements of our happiness and luck have been!!!

We only need one blessing to begin this daily exercise and believe me we all have many more than we know and appreciate!!!!

Count them up and enjoy them!!!  

They don't always last forever!!!

Stay Strong!!!

No comments: