Friday, October 30, 2009

Ten Years today and Counting.... Thank you, Tiffy!













MY WIFE

Her Blonde hair, her emerald eye.


Her marble skin elicit sigh


Her lips, like pomegranate cleft,


open, smile at me bereft



Of sense or feeling save for pride,

That creature thus could be my bride.

Extrinsic beauty caught my eye,

My heart did stir, my spirit fly,



But beauty out bore beauty in,
Possessed a soul devoid of sin.

And truth did beat within her breast,

With warmth, compassion was she blest.


Whene'er I stumbled through the years,

My bride was there to quell my fears,

With radiant smile, with soft embrace.

She'd mollify my fall from grace.



And seeing faith so strong, so pure,

I'd know that I could strive, endure.

Infatuation at the start,

Metamorphosed in my heart.

Became a love so strong it did.
Supplant my ego rule my id.
I asked that God enrich my life,

He chose an Angel for my wife.

--R.T. Caldwell

No comments: