Tuesday, August 16, 2016

...For I Am With You

The LORD appeared to him and said, "I am the God of your father Abraham.
Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bless you."
GENESIS 26: 24

I had a dear young friend who began experiencing dreadful panic attacks.

On the advice of friends, she began seeing a psychiatrist who walked her through a simple exercise of listing everything she was afraid of.

When she finished her list, her fears so dominated her thinking, she could no longer even function.

It can be helpful to pinpoint the source of worries and fears, but to dwell on them may put you into a downward spiral.

Next time you feel afraid, make up your own list — NOT of your fears but of the characteristics of God.

Find a Scripture verse or passage to substantiate each one of those characteristics as you reconsider your current storm or challenging situation in light of who God is.

Then claim God's promise:

"Do not be afraid, for I am with you."

The secret to peace lies in your focus!"

Stay Strong!

No comments: