Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Hand it over. ...

I came across this passage today and it drove home a point that took me 47 years to Comprehend, Believe and Trust!

It is written by Saint Gregory of Narek and it lays out perfectly what we need to do on this earth to obtain peace and joy and prosperity.

The key is that none of these things can be obtained by us alone - by us pursuing the typical things we believe and have most likely been taught will get us to that point we all are convinced we want to reach! 

In fact, the pursuit of these things with the belief that we alone can reach them and bring ourselves happiness and peace is a gigantic myth that many of us learn way too late in the game.

The good news?

It is never too late to change gears and switch strategies!

Never, ever too late.....

I hope this passage is as clear to you as it is to me now and that the key and the path to all we desire, aspire to obtain and be, and seek during this fleeting time on earth is so very close to our reach and obtainable immediately if we simply choose correctly.

As a wise friend told me recently,  "Hey you have tried your way all these years, perhaps it is time for you to hand it over to someone else for a try? Afterall, what do you really have to lose?"

:)

Enjoy. .. Stay Strong!

"As the Good Book foretold
alien, evil forces stole the wise treasure of my heart.

Wisdom waned in me, as the Proverb-teller says,
and evil impulses grew.

I did not fix the eye of my soul on the head of my life, Christ,
who would have led me down the straight path.

For in trying to run too quickly, I dug myself in deeper.

In trying to reach the unreachable, I failed to reach my own level.

In pretending to greatness, I slipped from where I was.

From the heavenly path, I sank to the abyss.

Trying to avoid harm, I was permanently debilitated.

Trying to be completely pure, I was corrupted completely.

I dodged to the left, and left myself open from the right.

Chasing the second, I lost the first.

Seeking the insignificant, I forfeited the important.

Keeping the small vow, I broke the covenant.

Trying to break a habit, I picked up a vice.

Avoiding the petty, I fell prey to the weighty.

What I did, I did to myself,
which is the worst testimony against me.

Only You are able to deliver me, a captive slave, from these things,
restoring to life a soul devoted to death.

For you alone, Lord Christ, revered as Doer of Good,
with the boundless glory of the Father and the Holy Spirit are
blessed forever and ever.
Amen."

    (Prayer 55f)
Saint Gregory of Narek (1003)

No comments: