Thursday, December 3, 2015

Choose Freedom

Today's Scripture

"...The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."
(1 Samuel 16:7, NIV)

Seek Love

Is there someone in your life who has wronged or offended you?

Maybe it was intentional, or maybe they don't even know they've hurt you.

No matter what the circumstance, as believers, we are called to forgive.

When we forgive, we seek love, and the Bible says that God is love. If we don't forgive, we are turning in the opposite direction—away from God.

Choosing forgiveness doesn't excuse the other person's behavior. It simply releases the debt they owe you so that God can release the debt you owe Him.

Forgiveness opens the door so that you can be free.

Choose freedom today by choosing forgiveness. Seek love and know that God is looking at your heart!

A Prayer for Today
"Father, today I seek love by choosing forgiveness. I open my heart to You today and ask You to heal my hurts. I look forward to the future You have for me. Help me to be a testimony of Your love and forgiveness to those around me today in Jesus' name.
Amen."

No comments: