Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Promise of Peace

"I will listen to what God the Lord says; he promises peace to his people..."
(Psalm 85:8, NIV)

He Promises Peace
No matter what is going on in your life right now, the Lord promises that you can have peace.

Notice that in this verse, the psalmist is making the decision to listen to what God says.

When you make the decision to listen to God and follow His direction, you will have peace.

You may be thinking to yourself, "God doesn't speak to me."

But the Bible says you are His sheep and you can hear His voice, and the voice of a stranger you will not follow.

The Lord speaks in many ways—sometimes through a friend, or a song or in the beauty of nature.

Sometimes it's a simple "knowing" deep down on the inside of you.

If you aren't sure how God speaks to you, ask Him to teach you.

All you have to do is open your heart and be willing to hear His voice.

As you open your heart to Him, He will speak, and you will live in His peace all the days of your life.

A Prayer for Today
"Heavenly Father, thank You for Your promise of peace. I open my heart to You and ask that You teach me to hear Your voice clearly. I give You all that I am today in Jesus' name. Amen."

-J. Osteen

Stay Strong!

No comments: