Friday, May 25, 2012

Dead Horse? Where is my stick?

Keeping with the theme of the week, and at the risk of killing again the dead horse, I came across a passage in a book I am reading that speaks directly to the warning that we have to be very careful about how we are spending our lives! 

We can easily waste our valuable lives consumed with fear, worry, regret and anxiety if we are not careful and do not take notice, step up, and yell STOP!!!  NOT ME!!!

I cannot stress enough how much of our quality of lives is directly under our control and a byproduct of our daily attitudes, habits,
and beliefs!

Ok, enough of me doth protesting too much!  Here is someone who actually knows what they are talking about!!

"Do you ever think about dying?

Whenever I am confronted with the reality and inevitability of death it heightens my awareness of how brief and precious my time here on earth is.

Sometimes it is the death of a friend, at other times it is a news story, or perhaps it is just a bumpy ride on a plane.

These events help me to treasure my own life more and more with each passing day.

But they also challenge me to reassess the way I am spending the time, effort, and energies that are my life.

We waste it one day at a time - a day here and a day there - or an hour at a time.

We waste time drowning in UNFORGIVENESS.

We waste time immersed in frivolous or irresponsible activities.

We waste time being lazy or procrastinating.

We waste time.

Life is passing us by.

Life is wonderful but it is brief.

Each day is filled with Unimaginable POTENTIAL!

The life God invites us to allows us to live each moment with vibrant enthusiasm!

Within each of us there is a light.

It is the light of God and when it shines it reflects not only the wonder of God but also the greatness of the human spirit.

We live in difficult times.

I pray that we never become fearful, but rather we turn our focus to nurturing the light within us.

Darkness has one enemy that it can NEVER defeat, and that is light!

Let your light shine!"

- Matthew Kelly

Stay Strong!!!

No comments: