Friday, April 13, 2012

Patience, but total Faith

It appears that a large amount of our frustrations and dissatisfaction, as well as doubt and skepticism regarding prayer comes from our "perception" of the results we experience.

Undoubtedly, every one of us has prayed for something in our lives  and on more than once occasion we have found ourselves asking "where is the answer?"

I am beginning to understand that the answers to our prayers do not always come like a thunderbolt into our lives!

Often we pray for something we feel we need in our lives, or something we really want! 

However, we have to understand that there are things we want that are not in our best interest - that do not occur because they are not in line with the plan for our lives!

There is a humorous saying that "God answers all of our prayers, but sometimes the answer is No".

This is true but I also believe that if we are patient and have deep Faith then we will get the answer to our needs and in line with the plan for our lives.

Daily, especially when the day seems to be pointing toward a negative start or trending toward a bad day, I pray to the Holy Spirit for strength, for guidance, and for inspiration. 

This strength, guidance, and inspiration rarely comes within minutes of my request, HOWEVER it ALWAYS comes within hours and it sweeps over me like a wave.

Every single time it hits me and changes my outlook, my attitude and I feel deeply reinvigorated and inspired to drive forward - and I am CERTAIN that it is a direct result of my request!

So when praying for something, be patient yet remain confident that what you are asking, no matter what it is, will be answered although the result may not be exactly what you picture it to be.

I am always struck by the example in the Bible of the birds on this earth when we wonder what is next and if there is truly a plan:

"Look at the birds in the sky. They don't plant or harvest or gather food into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. You are more valuable than they are, aren't you?". Matthew 6:26

If we can believe this and have Faith and patience, we should not have a care in the world!

Enjoy this magnificent day, take stock and count all of your blessings and Stay Strong!!!

No comments: