Tuesday, July 21, 2009


"All my life, I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see that I should have been more specific."

- Jane Wagner





Everybody wants to feel important, that their life means something, that their time spent on earth is more than just passing days.



I believe that God has a unique plan for every man and every woman. Not only has He planted in us the seeds of greatness, but more importantly, a purpose for our lives and the ability to fulfill that purpose.



There is a powerful sense inside each of us that we are meant to do something important, to make something of our lives.



And yet, with the hustle and bustle of executing of our daily lives, we often end up feeling as if we have merely spent energy spinning our wheels and have come no closer to fulfilling our purpose in life.





There is no more desperate feeling than to watch the weeks, months, and years tick off the calendar while we grind away at life not knowing where we are going or what we are even grinding for.





Ask yourself these questions:



Who am I?



What is my purpose in life?



What is the legacy I want my life to leave behind when I die?



Imagine you are at your own funeral, invisible, hovering about.





What are people saying about you? What is the epitaph on your tombstone? Are you happy about what you hear and see? Are you satisfied with the person you became and what you did with your life?



While you still have time, pray about it, meditate on it.



Seek with an open mind what it is that God would have you to do.



It might be too late to accomplish certain objectives; I doubt it, but it's possible.



It is never too late to become the person you were meant to be.





Jeff Young

http://www.friendsofjeff.com/



Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: