Monday, February 27, 2017

All Things Are Possible - WITH God

Happy Monday, All!!


 "Out of my distress I called on the LORD; the LORD answered me and set me free.


The LORD is on my side; I will not fear.


What can man do to me?


The LORD is on my side as my helper;

I shall look in triumph on those who hate me.


It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man.


It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in princes."

God Can Handle It

In the first reading today from Sirach 17, we read "To the penitent God provides a way back." 

Notice that it is a two-way street. 

We must first be penitent for God to provide the way back. 

Today's Gospel reading is the Markan version of the rich young man. 

You know the story. Young guy asks Jesus what he must do to inherit eternal life. Jesus says, "Go, sell all that you have and give to the poor. Then come, follow me." Rich young man goes away sad, for he had many possessions. 

But this is not the end of the story.

Jesus then tells the disciples that it is hard for one who is rich to enter the Kingdom of heaven. 

The disciples are amazed by this. After all, if one was rich, then they were being favored by God. 

So they ask Jesus, "Then who can be saved." 

And Jesus replies, "For human beings it is impossible, but not for God. All things are possible for God."

Do you believe this? 

I mean REALLY believe it?

Do you believe that God is big enough to handle anything in your life? 

A failed relationship? 

A lost job? 

Financial ruin? 

Ill health? 

Or are these things so big to you that you feel as though even God cannot handle them? 

At some point, we must take Jesus at His word. 

When a solution seems impossible, remember the words of our Lord. 

All things are possible with God!!!!

Father, we believe that you are big enough to handle whatever life throws at us. Teach us to cast all of our cares on you. 

Amen.

From " 60 Second Reflections " by Gus Lloyd 

Stay Strong!

No comments: