Friday, January 27, 2017

Faith

"And the fourth premise, any dominating desire, plan or purpose which is backed by that state of mind known as faith, is taken over by the subconscious section of the mind and acted upon immediately. 

That state of mind, ladies and gentlemen, is the only state of mind that will produce immediate action through the subconscious mind. 

And when I say faith, I don't have reference to wishing or hoping or mildly believing, 

I don't have reference to any of those things. 

I have reference to a state of mind wherein whatever it is you are going to do you can see it already in a finished act BEFORE you even begin. 

Now that's pretty positive isn't it. 

I can truthfully tell you that not ever in my whole life have I undertaken to do anything that I didn't do it unless I got careless in my desire to do it; and backed away from it or changed my mind or my mental attitude. 

I have never failed to do anything that I made up my mind to do and I'll tell you that you can put yourself in a frame of mind where you can do whatever you make up your mind to do unless you weaken as you go along as so many people do. 

Now let's get back to this fourth premise again. 

Any dominating desire, plan or purpose which is backed by that state of mind known as faith, is taken over by the subconscious section of the mind and acted upon immediately. 

I don't know for sure, ladies and gentlemen, but I suspect that there's a relatively small number of people in the world at any one time who understand the principle of faith. 

Who really understand it and know how to apply. 

And even if you do understand it, if you don't back it up with action and make it a part of your habit life, you might just as well not understand it because faith without deeds is dead, faith without action is dead. 

Faith without absolute positive belief is dead. 

I don't know how you're going to get any results through believing unless you put some action back of that belief. 

And incidentally if you tell your mind often enough that you have faith in anything, the time will come when your subconscious mind will accept that; even if you tell your mind often enough that you have faith in yourself. 

Have you thought what a nice thing it would be if you had such complete faith in yourself that you wouldn't hesitate to undertake to do anything you wanted to do in life? 

Have you ever thought what a benefit that would be to you? 

You know how many people there are that sell themselves short all the way through life because they don't have a right amount of confidence let alone faith? 

Give a guess as to the percentage. 

Well it's somewhere between ninety eight and a hundred percent."

No comments: