Friday, October 7, 2011

Amazing Life Advice

As we all know, Steve Jobs the co-founder of Apple and what many are calling the "Father of the 21st Century" passed away this week.

The sheer volume of articles, insights, tributes and farewells on light of his death is just amazing and he clearly effected millions of people's lifestyles with his vision and execution.

Of these tributes, one stood out to me.

I was sincerely impressed and moved by the commencement address he had given to Stanford graduates after he thought he had beaten cancer.

It is a speech everyone should read or watch as it seems to really come from his heart and it is filled with such sage advice, insight, and  is extremely thought provoking and inspiring to boot.

It is difficult to pick one piece of advice to highlight after reviewing and reading all the great comments and words of guidance Steve dropped over the last 3 decades, but one of them really struck me and if he did follow his own advice, I respect him even more!

It is so true, but takes amazing courage and bravery to carry it out.
I for one am guilty of not acting on this advice and pray that one day that will change!

I encourage you to read or watch this amazing address at the below link and I hope you gain as much from it as I certainly did!

He certainly left us with more than Ipads and Iphones, he left us with a lot to ponder.....

Stay Strong!

"When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like: "If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right." It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself:

"If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" And whenever the answer has been "No" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something."  -Steve Jobs

http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/Print/754153.aspx

1 comment:

Debbie said...

One thing we need more of...leaders! We already have enough followers, of anything and everything.